In January 2018, the NH Winery Association and UNH Cooperative Extension co-sponsored this practical workshop focused on managing important vineyard diseases, with support from an IPM Grant from the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food.
Our featured speaker was Wayne Wilcox, whose applied research and outreach on grapevine pathology is internationally renowned. The workshop provided an in-depth focus on integrated management tactics for major grape diseases that affect growers in the Northeast.
The presentations from the workshop are now available:
- Photo Quiz: Identifying Problems in the Vineyard – Cheryl Smith, George Hamilton & Becky Sideman, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Biology and Control of Downy Mildew – Wayne Wilcox, Cornell University
- Biology and Control of Powdery Mildew – Wayne Wilcox, Cornell University
- Getting Good Coverage: Sprayer Choice and Calibration – George Hamilton
- Biology and Control of Phomopsis and Anthracnose – Wayne Wilcox, Cornell University
- Biology and Control of “The Rots” – Wayne Wilcox, Cornell University